In Massachusetts, probate courts can appoint a conservator for a single transaction such as a real estate closing. The process requires a petition (Form MPC 130), a medical certificate from the respondent’s doctor, and notice to all interested parties. I discuss each of these requirements in this video.

If you need legal help, please contact me at